This Policy defines protection of personal information with regard to website service (hereinafter, the "Service") provided by Layupshot (hereinafter, the "Company") through this website (hereinafter, the "Site").
Article 2 (Definition)
Unless otherwise specified, terms "personal information", "personal data", "person", etc., as used herein are in accordance with the definitions set forth in the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" (Act No. 57 of 2003) (hereinafter, the "Protection of Personal Information Act"). The Company considers the "personal information" means information with regard to a living individual that can be identified by a specific name, birthday and any other description included in the information (including information that can be easily matched with other information to identify a specific individual therewith; email address, user ID, password, credit card information that are used by a specific individual; and attribute information such as, hobby, preferences, family structure, age and other information regarding the individual which is supplied with the personal information).
The Company does not consider information regarding cookies and IP address was personal information due to their nature that cookies and IP addresses alone cannot identify a specific individual. However the cookie and the IP address information may be treated as personal information if they are used together with the personal information.
Upon using the cookies and the IP addresses on the Site, however these cannot identify any specific individual, purpose and method of using the cookie and the IP address information will be disclosed as much as possible. In regard to the cookie, if the Service cannot be provided with the cookie being blocked, as blocking cookies is user selectable in a browser setting, this will be announced.
Article 3 (Compliance with Laws)
The Company will ensure compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act, any relevant laws, and guidelines and ordinances established by the administrative ministers.
Article 4 (Restriction on Use Beyond Limited Purpose)
The Company will use personal information obtained through the Service only in connection with the purpose for providing the Service and will not use for any other purpose unless otherwise specified as follows.
(1) Required by law.
(2) Protection of human life, body or property and the person's consent is difficult to obtain.
(3) Especially necessary for improving public health or promoting sound growth of children and the person's consent is difficult to obtain.
(4) Necessary to cooperate with government agencies, local government, or agencies thereof in executing administrative duties set forth in the laws, and the person's consent may impede the execution of administrative duties.
Article 5 (Purpose of Use Change)
The Company will make a public announcement when the purpose for using personal information will be changed. The Company will not make any change that will go beyond any reasonably relevant scope of the purpose of use as initially set forth in this policy.
Article 6 (Personal Information Management)
1. Proper and necessary supervision over employees will be conducted by the Company to prevent personal information from leaking, being misplaced, or damaged, to ensure that personal information is securely managed.
2. If the Company consigns to outside entities to handle personal information in part or as a whole, proper and necessary supervision over consignees will be conducted for securing management of personal information under confidentiality agreements.
Article 7 (Restriction of Providing Personal Information to Third-party)
The Company will not provide personal information to any third-party without prior consent from the person, unless otherwise specified as below.
(1) Required by law.
(2) Necessary for protection of human life, body or property and the person's consent is difficult to obtain.
(3) Especially necessary for improving public health or promotion of sound growth of children and the person's consent is difficult to obtain.
(4) Necessary to cooperate with government agencies, local government, or agencies that work on behalf thereof in executing administrative duties set forth in the laws, and the person's consent may impede the execution of administrative duties.
(5) Consigning to third entities to handle a portion or a whole of personal information within necessary scope for providing the Service.
(6) Handing over personal information to the consigner due to a merger, an acquisition of the business or of any other event of business succession.
Article 8 (Announcement)
The Company will respond to the person without delay in reply to the person's inquiries in regards to the following.
(1) Purpose of using personal information (unless otherwise exemption applies as set forth in the Personal Information Protection Act. If the Company decides not to answer, the person will be notified with regard to the decision without delay.)
(2) Contact for information about personal information.
Article 9 (Disclosure)
The Company will promptly disclose personal information of the person upon request from him/her unless otherwise any of the following occurs as a result of disclosing the personal information, in such case, a portion of or a whole of the personal information may not be disclosed. A notification will be promptly sent if the personal information will not be disclosed.
(1) Life, body, property, rights or benefits of the person or third-party could be damaged.
(2) Proper execution of the Company's business may be seriously impeded.
(3) Violation of other laws due to the disclosure.
Article 10 (Corrections)
In case the person requested the Company to correct, add, or cancel (hereinafter, the "Corrections") content of personal information due to inaccurate information contained in the personal information, the Company will make Corrections of the content of the personal information based on a result of necessary research conducted without delay unless otherwise specified in other laws to follow special procedures. The person will be notified with regard to the Corrections of the content of the personal information.
Article 11 (Termination)
Upon the person's request to stop or cancel using his/her personal information due to restricted use of the personal information etc., the Company will conduct necessary research without delay and stop using the personal information based on a result obtained from the research and will notice the person.